One Month to Go
Amanda reminded me today that we are leaving for Guatemala in one month! I know we’ve all been busy both with preparations for the trip and end of the school year mayhem so the date kind of surprised me.
The LWB McGill group organized a bake sale a few weeks ago. Students and profs stopped by to sample some of the baking (this group of librarians can definitely hold their own in the kitchen) and learn more about our upcoming trip to Guatemala. Thanks to Robyn for making the poster for the event and all the students for baking!
We’ve also received our itinerary for the upcoming trip and there’s a lot to look forward to. Some things that I’m pretty excited about:
- Finally getting to meet everyone at the Miguel Angel Asturias Academy in Quetzaltenango
- Visiting Comunidad “Nueva Alianza” (Programming to include tour of fair-trade coffee & macadamia finca, “community history talk”, nature hike and tour of community projects)
- Hiking a volcano
- Visits to Salcaja and Totonicapan
- Checking out the hot springs at Fuentes Georginas
- Getting involved with the library and learning more about literacy in Guatemala!
I’m sure the next month will fly by.
Entry filed under: Uncategorized.